Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Catching up

It's been awhile! I had a great trip to NYC with Heather and Erin. We're talking now about making plans for next year and including all our female relatives and going some place like Colorado or off the coast of North Carolina. Stay tuned.

After the trip to NY, I stopped in Chicago with Heather and then met Dale and the rest of the family in West Lafayette IN on Saturday for Jeff's ordination. As an elder in another UM Conference, I was allowed (at Jeff's request) by his bishop to be one of the three clergy who was on the platform for the laying on of hands. What a great honor and such a proud moment and incredibly humbling all at the same time! Thanks, Jeff! We drove back up to Highland that evening, went to church with Heather and Jeff on Sunday (along with Erin and Jay), grilled out after church, then started the long trek back to Manhappenin.

Back home for one night, then off to a Conference Council on Youth Ministries (CCYM) overnight--after being delayed by a hail storm that broke out the windows in Sarah's car--at Ottawa First UMC. I've agreed to join Kurt Cooper and Natasha Norman as co-CCYMCs (Conference Council on Youth Ministries Coordinators) for the coming year. Stay tuned for more on that as it develops.

On the way home from CCYM, I stopped in Baldwin City to meet with the Annual Conference worship team to go over all the services planned for Annual Conference.

Back home for one more night, then off on Wednesday morning to Annual Conference for the week. When it was over on Saturday, I returned home to write my sermon for the next morning. Whew!

Last week was a blur as I got back to the church to catch up on all those things that hadn't been done for the two weeks I was gone and the things that DID happen.

All that being said, I'm hoping to get back into a routine and posting here again on a more regular basis. That's all for this post.

Peace, love and grace.

No comments: